Restaurant Assistant (Waiter/Waitress)
This is a casual position and shifts are not guaranteed. Average hours may be 12 to 15 hours per week but this can vary and it depends on business needs.
You will need to be available to work afternoons (mostly on Thursdays and Saturdays, maybe the occasional Wednesday afternoon), evenings, weekends and Bank Holidays. The afternoon shift is from 11.30am to 2.30pm. The evening shift starts at 4.30pm.
£8.12 per hour (plus shared gratuities).
We are currently recruiting for Restaurant Assistants in our fantastic Ovation restaurant and for Corporate Hospitality functions.
- You will be responsible for providing a first class food and drink waiting service to our customers in the Ovation Restaurant and for Corporate Hospitality events.
- You will have experience of waiting in a quality restaurant environment, excellent customer service skills and good knowledge of food and drink hygiene practice.
- Food Safety qualification is required.
- First Aid at Work qualification is desirable but not essential.
- Hours of work will be varied including daytimes, evenings and weekends, so flexibility is essential. Excellent communication skills and ability to work under pressure and as part of a team are also required.
Due to licencing restrictions, the candidates need to be 18 or over.
View the Job DescriptionHow to apply:
Please email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to: HR Department, Mayflower Theatre, Empire Lane, Southampton, SO15 1AP.
Closing date for applications:
Monday 6 March 2017
Due to a high volume of applications, we will be unable to contact every candidate individually. All successful candidates will be contacted within the next four weeks.