Waiter/Waitress REF: RA01
Mayflower Theatre is looking to recruit, on a casual basis, enthusiastic, professional individuals who want to work in our award winning restaurant, Ovation. Successful candidates will be serving food and beverages for lunches and dinners, as well as serving afternoon teas; enhancing our customer’s theatre experience. There may also be the opportunity to work at corporate hospitality functions.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have availability to work lunch times on Thursdays and Saturdays (11.30am to 2.30pm), evenings Monday – Saturday (4.30pm to 9.30pm), occasional Sundays and Bank Holidays and throughout Christmas and other holidays. There may be occasional late hours to cover post-show events.
- Have experience of waiting and serving in a restaurant environment.
- Have excellent customer service skills and good knowledge of food and drink hygiene practice.
- Have a friendly, cheerful personality, excellent communication skills and ability to work under pressure and as part of a team.
- Be 18 or over, due to licencing restrictions.
What's in it for you?
- Excellent hourly rate - £8.69
- Shared gratuities paid every four weeks
- Average 3 to 4 shifts per week, dependant on business needs; flexibility is essential.
- Uniform shirt/blouse and waistcoat provided
- Full training in service standards
- Staff discount on theatre tickets