TEAM LEADER - (new role) – Ref: OV30
Mayflower Theatre is looking to recruit an experienced Team Leader to help run our award winning restaurant, Ovation and corporate events. Successful candidates will be supervising staff as well as serving food and beverages for lunches, dinners and afternoon teas which go towards enhancing our customer’s theatre experience. They may also be required to duty manage in Ovation in the absence of the Restaurant Manager or Deputy Restaurant Manager and to oversee corporate hospitality / conference / functions as and when required.
Your main duties:
• Supervising the Front of House staff to ensure a professional and efficient service is provided. You may on occasions be duty managing the service
• Have availability to work lunch times on Thursdays and Saturdays (11.30am to 2.30pm), evenings Monday – Saturday (4.30pm to 9.30pm), occasional Sundays and Bank Holidays and throughout the Christmas and other holidays. There may be occasional late hours to cover post-show events.
• Have excellent customer service skills and good knowledge of food and drink hygiene practice.
• Have a friendly, cheerful personality, excellent communication skills and ability to work under pressure and as part of a team.
You will have:
• 2 years plus supervisory experience gained in a restaurant environment
• Minimum Level 1 in Food Hygiene
• Experience of working in high quality restaurants and banqueting
• Good level of general education and understanding of the English Language
• Awareness of allergens / special dietary requirements
What’s in it for you?
• An annualised hour’s contract of 25 per week
• Salary is £9.33 per hour plus benefits including pension and 28 days holiday (to include bank holidays, pro rata).
• Shared gratuities paid every four weeks
• Uniform shirt/blouse and waistcoat provided
• Staff discount on theatre tickets