Legally Blonde Dog Auditions are a GO!
Could your pampered pet or family pooch be destined for fame?
Producers of a major new tour of the smash-hit Broadway and West End musical Legally Blonde The Musical, which comes to Mayflower Theatre from 14 to 18 November, are on the hunt for four-legged stars.
EastEnders’ Rita Simons, Lucie Jones, who represented the UK in the Eurovision Song Contest with ‘Never Give Up On You’ and Bill Ward, star of Coronation Street and Emmerdale are the human stars of the show. But Legally Blonde The Musical also has two dogs in the cast - a Chihuahua called Bruiser and another called Rufus. Bruiser (above) is already cast and will be on the road with the cast but producers have decided to hold auditions for ‘Rufus’ in everytown and city on the tour.
Southampton’s auditions will take place at Marlands Shopping Centre on Friday 14 July from 12pm-4pm.
Associate Director David Barrett said: “Legally Blonde The Musical is a show all about stereotypes and not judging a book by its cover and the dogs are no different in this. So whereas ‘Bruiser’ is the cute, tiny, adorable one, with ‘Rufus’ we are looking for the total opposite. We are looking for a big, brutish, dog that only its mother could love - preferably a Bull Dog as in the film but we are certainly open to options.”
Please find below information on requirements and how to apply:
Legally Blonde Dog Auditions Requirements
Is your dog a budding stage star?
We are looking for local pooches to play the role of Rufus in the National Tour of Legally Blonde starring Lucie Jones, Rita Simons and Bill Ward.
Now an audition process can be daunting, so to make to make it a little easier and save you time, here is what we’re looking for:
- A British Bulldog – First and foremost we are looking for a British Bulldog as appeared in the Film. We are open to other breeds, but they need to have that look about them. Fairly bullish and robust. Cute and fluffy is not what we are looking for here I’m afraid.
- Temperament – If your dog is relaxed, laid back, good with people and enjoys a good fuss, we would love to hear from you.
- Responsive to Commands – By this I mean if your dog responds to ‘come here’, ‘sit’ etc and doesn’t just wander off doing its own thing, then they could be exactly what we’re looking for. We do not expect ‘Rufus’ to perform tricks.
- Tricks – Having said we do not expect tricks, if your lovable brute has any, we would love to see them. They have 5 minutes to show us what they’ve got. If they’re skills are good enough we could end up using them in the show!
- Experience – Although absolutely not essential, if your dog has some form of stage experience it will be a huge bonus. Even the most confident of dogs can suddenly be affected by the lights, the band and the huge round of applause they are bound to receive on their big entrance!
If you feel your dog matches these criteria, we would love to receive your application for our doggy auditions being held at Marlands Shopping Centre on 14 July between 12-4pm.
For more information or to apply please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
We will let you know by email if your application has been successful and you will be given a time slot for your audition.