Regeneration for the next generation
The refurb has started and Our Press and Marketing Officer Charlotte got a behind the scenes sneak peek at what is going on!
War Horse has galloped off to the next city and we have closed our doors for a while. Whilst you may have noticed some painting going on during your last visits our refurb officially started on 10 June!
Repainting has begun, with the entire auditorium being painted in our brand new red and gold colour scheme. How do we reach the roofs, you ask? With the help of a spider crane of course (seen pictured below)
ALL the seats have been removed too! The auditorium is looking very eerie without them, but they will be back soon. All the seats in the stalls and circle will be replaced with brand new and wider seats and the seats in the balcony are being reupholstered.
Among the work that will take place during the 11-week project will be:
- Repainting the entire auditorium, with a brand-new red and gold colour scheme
- Removing all of the seats in the stalls and circle and replacing with 1,659 brand-new (and wider) seats
- Reupholstering all seats in the balcony
- Installing new environmentally-friendly LED lighting
- Increasing accessibility, with better facilities for people with disabilities
- Moving the orchestra pit to under the stage
- Renovating the plasterwork
- Redecorating our restaurant, bars and function rooms
Come back again next week to see the next stages.