Our Access Membership Scheme is a free service to anyone with specific access needs. It is only open to those who genuinely require additional support or assistance when visiting the theatre.
- Register for services or facilities at our theatre
- Get notifications of upcoming Accessible Performances or events including; Audio Described Performances, Signed Performances, Captioned Performances, Touch Tours and Relaxed Performances
- Access our companion ticket rate when applicable and if required
- You will only need to produce proof of eligibility once every three years for access to relevant discounts and benefits (please see below the documents we can accept)
- Discounts on selected midweek performances
Who is eligible?
Essential Companion tickets are intended for customers requiring additional support. This must be due to disability-related needs, significant and more than what could be reasonably expected of family or friends already accompanying you.
Please note that we may not automatically award Personal Assistant or Essential Companion tickets for children under 16, as children are always required to be under the direct supervision of a responsible adult in our venue.
The personal assistant or companion must be at least 16 years of age, and a companion must be 18+ to supervise anyone aged 15 or under.
Although we recognise the support provided by young carers, our policy is that young people aged 16 and under must be supervised on our premises, and we must be confident that companions could assist effectively in the event of an emergency.
Where a child under 16 is presented as an essential companion we reserve the right to charge full price for their ticket or refuse admission.
Proof of eligibility
Access Membership is open to customers with any disability, as defined by the Equality Act (2010). To register, we ask for details of your access requirements and proof of eligibility.
The document must clearly belong to you and identify that you have a disability as defined by the Equality Act.
▼ Click to see proof of eligibility documents we can accept:
- Hynt Card
- CEA Card
- UK Disabled ID Card / DID Card
- National Rail Disabled Persons Railcard
- Disabled Person’s Freedom Pass
- Local travel passes for disabled customers.
- Blue Badge (both sides)
- Certificate of Visual Impairment or Dual Sensory Impairment
- Official confirmation in writing that you are Deaf or use a hearing aid, such as a battery prescription.
- Assistance Dog ID Book
- Evidence of receipt of government benefits for reasons of disability, which could include:
- Front page of Disability Living Allowance at any rate
- Front page of Personal Independence Payments (PIP) at any rate
- War Disablement Pension or War Pensioner’s Mobility Allowance
- AFIP (Armed Forces Independence Payment)
- Continuing Healthcare Package letter
- Employment and Support Allowance or Severe Disablement Allowance letter
- Attendance Allowance letter
- Direct Payments award for reasons of disability
- Social Care Package award for reasons of disability
- An official, signed document or letter from a GP, social worker, nurse or other medical professional confirming a disability as defined by the Equality Act (2010)
- An equivalent international document or ID card.