Mayflower Theatre is firmly committed to enabling all of our customers to participate in our events equally and with dignity and respect. For the purposes of this policy, "disability" is to be understood in the broadest sense of the word and covers all disabilities coming within the scope of the Equality Act 2010.
Key Aims The key aims of this policy are to ensure that:
- All of our customers are able to access and enjoy live entertainment, music, dance and drama;
- Disabled customers are not treated less favourably for a reason relating to their disability than others to whom that reason does not apply;
- All reasonable steps are taken to prevent any of the physical features of the theatre (or indeed our practices, policies and procedures) from making it unreasonably difficult for disabled customers to make use of our services;
- All reasonable steps are taken to provide auxiliary aids and services to enable and assist disabled customers in making use of our services;
- Disabled customers feel as valued and experience the same high levels of satisfaction with our services as our other customers.
All staff have a responsibility towards access in the day to day running of the building.
Members of staff are provided with regular basic training in disability awareness and etiquette, are aware of this policy and are able to assist patrons with queries regarding disabled access to the theatre.
Those who need additional assistance
A discounted ticket for a personal assistant (PA) is available for any disabled person who has purchased a ticket to an event or performance and would be unable to attend without the help of their personal assistant.
The PA must be able to assist the disabled person to access the theatre and its facilities, remaining with them to ensure their wellbeing and comfort. Anyone designated as a Personal Assistant must be able physically to assist the person they are with to leave the building in an emergency.
Access to the theatre
For information on parking and drop-off, and level access into the building, please visit our Getting Here page.
Get in Touch
If you have any questions about access, please contact our Box Office
Tel: 02380 711811
Our FREE Access Membership Scheme helps us offer a better service to anyone with specific access needs. It is only open to those who genuinely require assistance visiting the theatre.