We offer young people opportunities to develop their creative talents and skills. Whether you want to join in as a hobby or want to pursue a creative career, involvement in the arts can be life changing.
We provide on-stage, off-stage and training opportunities. We also provide a ticket scheme for young people aged 11-25. Please click the relevant link below for more information on the variety of programmes on offer.
Phone or email us with any questions you may have.
Tel: 02380 711811
We are proud to ignite passion and creativity in young people. We want to give young people opportunities they never thought possible. We aim to bring them together in a love of theatre and the performing arts.
We offer three programmes to access the stage for young people; Mayflower Youth Theatre, Summer Youth Project and Christmas Youth Production.
We are much more than shows. Our activities are for all ages with opportunities to get involved both on and off stage.
Writing workshops | Academic years 3-13
Production Arts | Ages 15-18
Weekly sessions looking at aspects that help bring a show together. Areas include prop making, deputy stage managing, lighting, and sound. Learn more
Mayflower City Eye Young Filmmakers | Ages 12-17
Craft making and fun games for everyone.
Fancy tickets for a tenner?
Sign up to Mayflower Student Nights
Are you a college or university student aged 16+ who loves theatre? Come to our venues for social nights out in the heart of the city as we give you access to high quality cultural experiences.
Enjoy pre-show and interval drinks in the Mayflower Theatre bars with like-minded students.
Sign up to Mayflower Student Nights for free and receive the following:
- A monthly opportunity to see fantastic productions at our venues
- 10% discount on drinks at the bar when you show your student ID
- Access to exclusive events such as pre- and post-show talks
- Private student Backstage Tours
- Email notification of upcoming Student Nights offers
- Priority notification of student offers for both Mayflower Theatre and MAST Mayflower Studios
Frequently asked questions
Book your tickets online or by phoning our Box Office. We will email you with details of the next available Mayflower Student Nights productions, and the offer codes to use.
There is a limited number of student tickets for each selected show. They are available a first come first served basis.
You can book a maximum of two student nights tickets per performance (subject to availability). This allows you to bring a student friend and introduce them to the scheme (they will also need to bring a valid form of Student Photo ID). You can book any additional full price tickets in the same booking.
No, this offer is only for students who are currently studying either a full time or part time course in Further Education College or University. The only exception to this is where the student requires a carer in order to
attend the performance.
Yes. Please ensure you have signed up to our Access Membership Scheme before purchasing any discounted tickets.
No, we accept students who are studying part-time or short courses, as long as you have a valid student ID.
No, you can be a student from anywhere in the country, so if you are visiting Southampton or returning for holidays, you can use your student ID to access tickets.
You can collect your tickets on the night of the performance from the foyer Box Office counter.
Yes. Valid Student Photo ID (Further Education College or University ID) must be shown when you attend the theatre to collect your tickets and for purchasing drinks at the bar. One ID must be shown per ticket, so if you’re bringing a student friend, remind them that they will need to bring theirs!
You can use your 10% discount on drinks in any of our bars pre-show and during the interval. You will need to present a valid Student Photo ID and you will be asked to present separate ID showing that you are over 18 if you are purchasing alcohol.
Terms & conditions of sale of tickets apply
A valid Student ID is required to qualify. You will be required to show this when collecting your tickets on the night of the performance.
Upcoming Student Nights
We offer a variety of opportunities designed to find, shape, inspire, champion and sustain the next generation. We can:
- Support you with performing arts training through our Young Company and Elevate Ensemble.
- Provide you with career insights through our Work Experience, Internship and Apprenticeship opportunities.
- Provide financial support for drama school training through our Higher Educational Bursary.
Higher Education (HE) Bursary Scheme
Our scheme is open to all young people who have the aspiration to follow a career in theatre, whether on or off stage.
To qualify, you must:
- Be aged 18-25 years old.
- Live in Hampshire (as your home address).
- From a lower income household
- Have been offered a place at HE or be currently studying a creative subject at HE.
Although we do support some university courses, our support is prioritised to those attending a course run by a member of The Federation of Drama Schools, and you can apply for any year of your study.
- Up to £3,000 for an accredited training course with the minimum course length of one year. Please note, we do not support Foundation courses.
- Up to £500 to attend a short arts specific training course/workshop of no less than one week’s length.
- The maximum amount of our bursary award is £3,000. However, in addition we can also grant one of the awards below at our discretion:
- The Edward, Lord Montagu Award for a maximum award of £9000
- The Isobel Gatward Award for a maximum award of £6,000
- The Off Stage Award for a maximum award of £6,000
- The Malcolm Le Bas Award for a maximum award of £6,000
- The Talent Award for a maximum award of £3,000
Awards are made directly to the education provider to cover the cost of student fees.
Applications for our Higher Education Bursary Scheme are currently closed. They will open again in 2024.